Thursday, May 29, 2008

Houston, TX

You may have thought that my last post was a little random, but it really had a purpose.  I left soon after that post on a trip to Houston!  I was there for a week visiting Kimberly.  We had a really good time.  The first day I was there I got to meet the family and I am not going to lie, I was scared.  Luckily they were a really nice and I felt really comfortable around them.  They are a really great family.  
While I was there we went around Houston, and Sugar Land.  That that was really fun to see Houston and some of the places that Kimberly grew up around.  we also went to some museums in Houston.  That was fun to see a Pompeii exhibit that was there.  We went on a little picnic that day in the park and we had a lot of fun with the squirrels that were there!  One of them got on the table next to Kimberly and she decided they were getting to friendly and it was time to go.

I just thought they were fun little guys sharing our food with us:)

We also got to go to the Pasadena strawberry festival.  That was really fun to see the fair and the mutton bustin!  That was really fun because Kimberly had never been to one of those before.  She thought the little kids dressed in their cowboy outfits were really cute!  There was a bunch of other things at the festival that we got to see.  There was a family circus that was really cool to watch, especially the motorcycles in a cage, because I had never seen that in real life.  They had some really talented kids in the family.  We also got to see a pig racing and that was pretty funny to see.  They had all sizes of pigs from little ones that ran really fast to big ones that barely made it around the track.

I had a really good time and I was glad that Kimberly and her family let me go down there to visit them!  Maybe I will be able to go back sometime

2 comments:

Chanae said...

I think the pig race would be entertaining to see. We should have a race with our calves one day. That'd be funny to watch. :-)

Kara Welker said...

how cute! I miss you david!!!