Friday, March 28, 2008

Nauvoo

This last week one of my best friends got married in Nauvoo. Devin was my good friend all through high school and when we came to college we were imediate roomates for 3 semesters. So when he got married me and Derek decided it was worth the expense to fly out there and support him. He was so happy and It really turned out to be an amazing wedding. The Nauvoo temple is beautiful. I loved the hardwood floors and the spiral staircase.


Even though we went for the wedding, we had to take advantage of the fact that we were in Nauvoo and look around a little. We drove down to Salt Lake on wednesday and stayed with Venita and Jeph for the night. Thanks to them for letting us stay there. We really appreciated it. Then Thursday morning we got up early and flew to Kansas City. There we rented a car and drove to Nauvoo. We got there after everything was closed so we hung out with the Garner family that evening. Later that night Devin showed up, around 12:30, and Derek, Richard Garner, Devin and I stayed up and talked and joked around until 3 in the morning. Devins last night single!!
The next morning we got up at 8 and left to go see Carthage and look around Nauvoo. That was really fun. Nauvoo is an amazing city to look around. I would sugest it to anyone who has ever wanted to.
This is the car we rented.

Carthage Jail


This is my favorite statue of Joseph and Hyrum

I have a lot more picture then what are on here but I decided to just put some of the good ones. Even though we are even more like "starving college students," it was definetly worth it. I wish we could have stayed longer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Net said...

We are so glad you got to go. Nauvoo is such an amazing place. Remember, we are only 6 hours from there, so next time you want to go, let us know and we will go with.

Laurie said...

Looks like a great trip! I hope to go there someday. Maybe I need a friend to get married there. I probably still wouldn't go. Oh well!

Kara Welker said...

Looks like so much fun David!! We missed you here but I would've rather been there too! I love Nauvoo! I wanna go back!!

Anonymous said...

Really Dave, it was our pleasure to have you stay here. We just so happen to have a little bit of space for you and it seemed to work out okay. And shoot, it's good to see Devin found a cute girl that would marry him!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Is there a new post coming any time soon?!?!